Get ready to ski and snow again, Aspen locals! The magic of the holidays has come early this year and will last much longer than usual. With the opening of new hotels, restaurants, and shopping experiences galore, the Aspen Ski Season will be here till May. As a result, you’ll feel like you have been transported into another world. Everything from the landscape to the people looks like it came straight out of a movie set in the 1980s. There is a lot to explore about this exciting period, and we want to help you get started by sharing our insider secrets on dressing up for this magical time of year in Aspen…
- 1 What to Wear in Aspen During the Ski Season
- 2 Timing is Everything: When Should You Go?
- 3 Where to Stay? The Ultimate Guide to Hotels in Aspen
- 4 Finding the Perfect Outfit: Shopping Strategies for Shops in Aspen
- 5 A Quick (and Handy) Guide to Outfits for the Winter Festivities in Aspen
- 6 Don’t Forget These Key Pieces for your Aspen Ski Season Wardrobe!
- 7 Conclusion
What to Wear in Aspen During the Ski Season
The best way to describe how to dress for the Aspen Ski Season is, “Go big or go home.” There is nothing subtle about how people dress in Aspen during ski season. You will see everything from neon spandex to fur stoles and everything in between. According to Aspen Skiing Company, the number of visitors to Aspen increases yearly. The company reported that the number of visitors had increased by 1 million between 2016 and 2017. This increase in visitors brings an increase in the number of people dressing in ways that are not entirely appropriate for Aspen’s upscale, indoor-only ski season—knowing what is correct is essential, so you don’t stick out like a sore thumb.
Timing is Everything: When Should You Go?
Timing is everything when it comes to the Aspen Ski Season. It is the most magical time of year in Aspen and the busiest time of year. Generally, the best time to go is between December and February. This is when the skies are blue, and the snow is abundant. However, if you want to experience the true magic of Aspen during ski season, you can visit in March or April, too. If you want to experience the magic that is the Aspen Ski Season truly, we recommend visiting between December 10th and the end of February.
You will experience the best snow, blue skies, and a festive holiday atmosphere. There will be tons of parties, events, and plenty of exclusive experiences to be had. If you are looking for something a bit less busy, March and April are also fantastic times to visit Aspen. The snow is still good, but it is not as active as it is during the holidays. The weather can be a bit fickle, so check the weather before booking your trip.
Where to Stay? The Ultimate Guide to Hotels in Aspen
Choosing your hotel wisely when visiting Aspen during ski season is essential. You want to pick a hotel that is not only conveniently located but also has the amenities you want for the experience you are looking for. The first thing you should do when picking your hotel figures out what type of experience you want.
- Do you want to be near the slopes or downtown?
- Do you want to be in a luxury hotel or a more moderate one?
- Are you looking for a modern or historic experience?
Many factors go into picking out the perfect hotel in Aspen. The next step is to decide which hotel is best for you. You can start by checking out our guide to the best hotels in Aspen. You can also check out TripAdvisor or Yelp for reviews from other travelers. You can also search forums like Aspen Social to see what other locals recommend.
Finding the Perfect Outfit: Shopping Strategies for Shops in Aspen
There are a lot of great shopping options in Aspen during ski season. This is the perfect time to pick up a new outfit or two to wear while you are in town. There are plenty of high-end stores in Aspen, and you can find almost any type of clothing you are looking for in town. Here are a few shopping strategies you might want to consider while in Aspen.
- Shop at the Aspen Design Lab – The Aspen Design Lab is a great place to pick up some custom clothing for your trip to Aspen. This is a one-stop shop for all of your needs. The designers at the Lab specialize in customizing everything from skiwear to blazers. You can design your outfit from scratch or choose from their many ready-to-wear options. You can find the Design Lab at the Little Silver Hotel.
- Shop at Aspen Meadows – If you want to find some great outdoor gear, you should head to Aspen Meadows. This is the perfect place to find skiwear and other winter gear. You can also find some excellent casual wear here. Be sure to stop by during their annual Designer’s Showcase to shop for some fabulous new fashions. You can find the Aspen Meadows at the base of Buttermilk Mountain.
- Shop at Aspen Square – If you are looking for something more casual, head to Aspen Square. This is a great place to find casual wear from some top brands. You can also find some great gifts and souvenirs here. You can find Aspen Square at the base of the Gondola.
A Quick (and Handy) Guide to Outfits for the Winter Festivities in Aspen
There are many winter festivities in Aspen during the ski season. There is no shortage of parties and events to attend, but you must dress appropriately. Luckily, there is a clear theme during this time of year, and it is easy to find the perfect outfit for almost any event. Aspen Snowmass Winter Carnival – The Aspen Snowmass Winter Carnival is the biggest and most exciting event in Aspen during the ski season.
This event is a 10-day celebration of the winter season and culture that features the best of Aspen. You can find this event held at the end of February. The best way to dress for this event is to go all out. You can choose from various outfits, but you should go big. Aspen Food and Wine – The Aspen Food and Wine festival is one of the most popular culinary events in the world. It features some of the best chefs in the industry who come to Aspen to cook meals for guests. This event takes place in October and is a great way to experience fall in Aspen.
You can choose from various outfits at this event, but you should choose something more casual. Aspen Ideas Festival – The Aspen Ideas Festival is a unique experience that brings together some of the most prominent thinkers, doers, and shakers to share their insights with the world. This festival happens in October and is a great way to experience fall in Aspen. You can choose from various outfits at this event, but you should choose something more casual.
Don’t Forget These Key Pieces for your Aspen Ski Season Wardrobe!
- Skiwear – You can’t go to Aspen without skiing. Make sure that you have a great ski outfit to wear. There are tons of places to shop for skiwear in Aspen.
- Ski goggles – It is essential to protect your eyes from the sun, so make sure that you have the best ski goggles. You will also look super cool with a retro pair of 80s-themed ski goggles.
- Scarf – You will want to stay warm during the long winter nights in Aspen. A scarf is a great way to add style to your outfit while keeping warm.
- Hand warmers – You can be the most stylish person in Aspen, but if your hands are cold, you will not be having fun. Make sure that you have the best hand warmers so that you can enjoy the winter festivities.
- Cashmere sweater – A perfect cashmere sweater is a timeless wardrobe piece you can take with you to any season, let alone winter. You will look stylish and feel warm at the same time.
- Cashmere loungewear – It is essential to stay warm while relaxing at the end of a long day of skiing. Pick up a great pair of cashmere loungewear so that you are warm and comfortable.
The Aspen Ski Season is the most magical time of year in Aspen. The best way to experience this period is to go all out. This guide has given you the inside knowledge on how to dress up the 80s in Aspen costume during the Aspen Ski Season. Now all you need to do is try on our recommendations and see how they suit you. Remember to keep the weather in mind, as well as the activities you will be doing during the day. We hope you have fun dressing up and exploring the magical Aspen Ski Season.