A too steep toy hauler ramp is a common problem for many who own toy haulers. This article will give you a solution to this problem and things related to the toy hauler ramp.
Let’s check this out!
- 1 What Is Toy Hauler Ramp?
- 2 Ramp Difficulty – Fact or Fiction?
- 3 What You Should Know Before Buying a Toy Hauler
- 4 Toy Hauler Ramp Too Steep: What Should I Do?
- 5 How to Set the Ramp at the Correct Height
- 6 Determining Whether the Ramp Can Be Fixed or Replaced
- 7 How Much Does New Toy Hauler Ramp Cost?
- 8 How Much to Repair Damaged Toy Hauler Ramp Cost?
- 9 The Dangers of a Steep Ramp for Your Toy Hauler
- 10 How to Prevent This From Happening Again
What Is Toy Hauler Ramp?
Toy Haulers are vehicles specially designed to transport large amounts of toys from one place to another.
A toy hauler ramp is a ramp that connects the ground to the cargo area of a trailer. The purpose of this ramp is to allow more effortless loading and unloading of the trailer.
Toy haulers can be towed behind a vehicle or hooked onto a car with a hitch ball. Locating the hitch ball on the side opposite the ramp would be best because it will not interfere with loading or unloading.
Ramp Difficulty – Fact or Fiction?
There are some facts and fiction about ramp difficulty. Here you go:
Fact: Toy haulers are designed to be towed by a vehicle with a towing capacity of at least 10,000 pounds.
Fiction: The ramp should be no more than 12-inches high.
Fact: The ramp should have no more than 15 degrees slope.
Fiction: You can tow a toy hauler in any direction you want.
What You Should Know Before Buying a Toy Hauler
When you are in the market for a new toy hauler, you should know a few things before making your purchase. Some of the most important considerations are:
- What type of vehicle will your new toy hauler be attached to?
- How much do you want to spend on your new toy hauler?
- How many people do you think fit in your new toy hauler?
- What size is the bed in your truck, and how big is it?
- Do you plan on living in the car or using it for storage?
- Are features that would make your life easier while traveling with a large trailer behind you, like an electric jack or electric leveling jacks?
Toy Hauler Ramp Too Steep: What Should I Do?
Toy Haulers are becoming more and more famous in the RV industry. They are designed for people with an extensive toy collection or for people with a lot of gear they need to transport. One of the most common complaints about these trailers is that the ramp is too steep.
There are a few tips to fix this problem. Here we go:
- You need to add weight at the bottom of the ramp. It will help make it less steep and easier to use.
- You can also add weight at the top of the ramp by adding a plywood board on top with some weights on it, but this may not work as well as adding weight at the bottom because you’ll be relying on gravity alone to help with the descent down into your trailer.
- You can try to put a rug or mat on it to make it less slippery.
- You can also try to use a smaller toy hauler if the ramp is too steep for your current one.
- You can also try to lower the ramp by removing bolts from the frame and lowering it with a jack or car jack.
How to Set the Ramp at the Correct Height
The ramp height is essential to ensure you can safely load and unload your trailer.
If you have a toy hauler, you should set the ramp at a height that ensures you can drive up onto it, and off.
The following are a few tips to set the correct height for your ramp:
- Measure the ground clearance on your vehicle.
- Find out if an adjustable jack is at the end of your trailer.
- Use a tape measure to determine how high your trailer sits off the ground when it’s parked.
- Use a tape measure to find out how high your load floor sits off the ground when it’s parked.
Determining Whether the Ramp Can Be Fixed or Replaced
There are a few factors that you will want to consider when determining whether or not to fix or replace your toy hauler ramp:
- The first factor you will want to consider is how much damage has been done to the ramp.
- The second factor you will want to consider is how difficult it would be for a professional repair shop or manufacturer’s service center to fix the ramp.
- Lastly, you will want to consider how much money it would cost if a professional repair shop were able to fix the ramp versus purchasing a new one.
How Much Does New Toy Hauler Ramp Cost?
Toy hauler ramps can be expensive, but they are worth it if you need something that will withstand heavy use. Most ramps come with a lifetime warranty, and there is no need to worry about installation as most come with installation hardware.
How Much to Repair Damaged Toy Hauler Ramp Cost?
The cost of repairing damaged toy hauler ramps depends on the type of ramp that needs to be repaired. The price varies from company to company and the type of material used in the repair.
In general, it costs around $1,000 to have a damaged toy hauler ramp repaired by a professional.
The Dangers of a Steep Ramp for Your Toy Hauler
Toy haulers are great for taking your kids and their toys on the road. But some dangers come with them.
- The first is the steep ramp leading to the trailer’s back. It can be especially threatening if you have little ones who are still learning to walk or those who may be wobbly on their feet.
- The second danger is the height of these trailers, which can be a problem for shorter people or those with disabilities.
- Lastly, if you don’t properly secure your load, it can quickly fly off and cause damage to other vehicles around it.
How to Prevent This From Happening Again
The toy haulers ramp is a popular feature for most toy haulers. It allows you to load and unload your toys from the trailer without getting out of the vehicle. However, this ramp can be dangerous if not used properly.
To prevent this from happening again, there are a few things you can do:
- Make sure that the ramp is not too steep.
- Keep your weight in mind when loading and unloading your toys.
- Always use caution when using a toy hauler ramp.