When the World of Warcraft game was first released, gamers everywhere fell in love with the massive online world. There are virtual reality versions of the game, and it’s even better than ever. If you’re a fan of this massively popular game and want to get even more involved by playing it in VR, we have some excellent news: There are plenty of WoW VR games. You can play WoW as a VR experience on your PC. Whether you have an HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, or some other device that supports virtual reality gaming, here are the best World of Warcraft VR games available today.
- 1 What is World of Warcraft?
- 2 Best World of Warcraft VR Games
- 3 How to play World of Warcraft in virtual reality
- 4 VR Games Based on WoW
- 5 VR Games That Are Like WoW
- 6 FAQs
- 7 Final words
What is World of Warcraft?
World of Warcraft, or WoW, is one of the most popular online games. It’s a massively multiplayer online role-playing game, or MMORPG, and has been around since 2004. The game features three different factions that are at war with one another. Players can join either the Horde faction (the game’s version of orcs) or the Alliance faction (the game’s version of humans) and play in the war between these two factions. In the game, players can level up, learn new skills and abilities, and craft new weapons and items.
They can also team up with other players and go on raids with them. The game features a vast open world that players can explore and navigate. When the world of Warcraft VR games was released, they kept the same open world as the original game. This means you can explore the game’s massive world in virtual reality and get even more involved in the game than ever before.
Best World of Warcraft VR Games
There are a ton of different World of Warcraft VR games out there, but the best ones let you explore the game’s massive open world in virtual reality. Here are a few of the best WoW VR games to check out.
- Legion – This is an excellent choice if you’re looking to return to the game’s beginning. You will be able to explore the world of Azeroth as it was at the start of the game and even join the Legion if you want to.
- Battle for Azeroth – If you’re more of a recent player, you can check out this game. You will be able to explore the world of Azeroth and fight against both the Horde and the Alliance.
- Classic – If you want to go back in time and play the original version of the game, you can do so with Classic. This is the first version of the game, released in 2004.
How to play World of Warcraft in virtual reality
First and foremost, you’ll need a VR headset. If you want to play any of the best World of Warcraft VR games, you’ll need one of the following headsets. Oculus Rift – The Oculus has been around for a long time and has proven to be one of the most popular VR headsets. For that reason, it’s also one of the best headsets for playing WoW in virtual reality. HTC Vive – If you’re looking for something a little more advanced, check out the HTC Vive. This headset is incredibly immersive and one of the best headsets for any VR game, including WoW. PlayStation VR – If you’re looking for an option cheaper than the Oculus or the HTC Vive, you can try the PlayStation VR.
This headset has the same functionality as its more advanced counterparts, so it’s a good choice if you’re on a budget. Next, you’ll need a World of Warcraft game. If you want to play the game in virtual reality, you don’t need to buy anything extra. You can go to your preferred online store and buy the game like you usually would. Once you have your headset and fun, you’re ready to start playing.
VR Games Based on WoW
There are a few VR games based on the World of Warcraft franchise, so if you’re looking to play a game similar to WoW, you can check out these games.
- World of Warcraft – This is the original game, and you can play it in VR. You can explore the game in virtual reality as you would in real life, so there isn’t much difference between these games.
- Blade and Soul – This game takes place in a fictional Asian-inspired world and is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a game similar to WoW.
- Elder Scrolls Online – If you’re more of a fantasy fanatic, you can check out this game. Players can explore a massive open world and interact with many different characters.
VR Games That Are Like WoW
If you’re looking for a game like World of Warcraft that is even more immersive, you can check out a few VR games like WoW. All of these games are incredibly immersive, and they’re worth checking out if you’re a fan of the original game. ARK:
- Survival Evolved – This third-person adventure game takes place in a massive world with many different environments. Players explore a large open world and have to fight against various creatures to survive and thrive.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – In this game, players explore a massive open world and have complete freedom to do whatever they want. You can team up with other players and fight against evil forces, or you can go off independently and explore the world at your own pace.
- The Forest – Another third-person adventure game, The Forest, is set in a forest where players must survive against a group of cannibalistic mutants.
Is there a VR MMORPG?
There’s no VR MMORPG as of right now, but that doesn’t mean there won’t be one in the future. Many game developers have realized VR’s potential and started creating new games for the technology. As time goes on, we’ll likely see more and more VR MMORPGs, and maybe one of them will be based on World of Warcraft.
Can you use the Oculus for World of Warcraft?
The Oculus Rift is one of the best headsets for playing World of Warcraft in virtual reality, but it does require a PC. If you don’t have a PC that can run the game, you won’t be able to use an Oculus to play it. For that reason, if you want to play WoW in VR, you might want to invest in a new PC before you buy the game. Oculus and other VR headsets are expensive, but they’re worth it if you love playing games in virtual reality.
Is WoW a virtual world?
WoW is a virtual world, and it has been since the game was first released in 2004. There are many different elements to the game and many different ways to play. You can explore, craft items, do quests, or work towards building up your character.
You can do many other things in the game, and it’s an excellent way for people to get together, interact, and have fun. The game has been around for a long time and updated with new content. You can play World of Warcraft on PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, and Nintendo Switch. If you’re a fan of this game, there are many ways to experience it in VR.
If you’re a fan of the World of Warcraft game, you’ll love the VR versions of it. There are many different games available, and you can play them on a VR headset. If you want to explore the massive online world in a new way, the best thing to do is try the VR versions of the game. You’ll have tons of fun and be able to experience it in a whole new way.